Friday 22 February 2013

Dip into the weekend



It's that time again. Time to get your weekend on! 

Sun-dried tomato hummus 
I know I'm ready to make some good memories with some good people this week off of school... Are you?

 A part of being ready and being a host means that you have to entertain guests and feed them with something.

Finger foods are usually a good choice when you have company to your home, making it easy for you to make or get and easy to eat. Tonight I have decided to break out the chips and dip, but, of course, a healthier version.

With a blender, making a healthy dip is very easy and fast. 

This sun-dried tomato hummus recipe only took me about 10 minutes to make and will be a handy snack for the night. 

Melly's Bellies' Recommendations: 

1. While blending it sometimes gets stuck a little so you may need to take a spoon to clean off the blades of your blender and add a touch of water to break it up.

2. You can use any kind of sun-dried tomatoes whether it be home made, store bought or that you found in your cupboard like me.

3. Make sure you refrigerate until it's a little colder. It will make all the flavours really pop.

4. I love hummus with celery, carrots, cucumbers. What you eat it with is up to you. 

I found ECurry's Sun-dried tomato hummus recipe on my Pinterest account. I have also re-posted it to my "Food" board on that account. As always, I have altered the recipe because that is what was in my cupboard. 


Now, go! Your guests are waiting. (That didn't take long, did it?)

Blend it good!
My ingredients

4 comments:

  1. I love hummus! And I never thought of using my blender to make dips....shows how much I cook! Now that I have the week off I will hopefully have time to try some new recipes. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I never knew a blender could be so handy. Maybe I should invest in one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this recipe and loved it! Thanks for the great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want to buy hummus at the store but it's almost $5 for a tiny container. How much are you selling yours for?

    ReplyDelete

Followers