Friday 15 February 2013

Beet-utiful Breakfast


Part of starting your day means beginning with ingredients that will give you the energy that you need.
With trying a few smoothies, I have decided to share Cynthia Paquella's P.I.N.K Method Drink called, "Pink Drink #3."
These ingredients were chosen in her smoothie recipes because they are "fat burning, energy boosting, cleansing and alkalizing. "


Melly's recommendations: 
1. Frozen fruits have two purposes! The frozen fruits add a natural coolant agent so that ice does not need to be added into the blender.
2. Chop up beets before hand and freeze. I find that it makes this frozen beverage more enjoyable.
3.The Pink Drinks are beneficial for after your workout and will provide you with carbohydrates and protein to your muscles. Pasquella says the P.I.N.K Drinks "natually maximize hormonal spikes to enhance recovery and muscle toning."
4. They can be a quick, easy and nutritious morning beverage.
5. More lime the merrier. I find adding more lime then the recipe calls for creates a sweeter taste and makes it less of an "earthy" taste from the beets and the hemp protein powder.

P.I.N.K Drink #3 Recipe

There are many smoothies that are in the book that you can purchase on the P.I.N.K Method website.

7 comments:

  1. This smoothie sounds great - nutritious, beneficial for your body and delicious!! I think I'll give it a try one time after a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Hard to believe spinach and beets can work well for breakfast - but its a great and nutritious way to start the day. Great blog Mel! I love that you have the googledocs so I can print the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink has allure....but does it really taste good even with the beets and spinach?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does! The sweetness from the banana, strawberries and lime really give it some flavour. I mean, it did take getting used to at first, but now I love it :)

      Delete
  4. OMG BEETS ARE THE BEST! I bet I love beets more than Dwight Schrute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, you are so funny. I love beets too, especially with goat cheese and caramelized pecans in spinach salad. yummm

      Delete
  5. I love beets any way shape or form but I've never had them in a smoothie, it's a must try on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Followers