|Watermelon with a twist|
With all this sunshine, one could use a cold beverage to melt his or her thirst away. Well, that's what I'm doing right now.
This Watermelon Lemonade beverage blew me away with how fantastic it was. As per usual I am using a found recipe using my Pinterest account that linked to Recipes to Nourish's blog and gave it blended attempt. Immediately I was amazed at how delicious this beverage was and did not even change a single ingredient. The only thing I did change would be the quantity of some of the ingredients.
|Easy peasy lemon squeezy|
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Melly's Bellies' Recommendations:
1. Lemon is key. (Although the lemon is an important component, you don't need a lot... unless you like a really sour concoction.)
2. Get seedless watermelons. I failed on this aspect during my recipe, but to be honest there were only a few black seeds (that I removed) and I left the white seeds. If you have a good blender it should blend fine.
3. Use less ice. I personally hate it when I get a slushy and all of the liquid runs out, only to have a pile of shredded ice on the bottom of my glass. By removing some of the ice the original recipe called for, it created more of a smooth dacquiri-type beverage.
4. I know I try to keep it healthy, but make sure you get some sugar on that rim. It adds that sweet touch and if you don't use a straw (similar to Caesar rim) you consume the rim with the drink as you go.
5. Throw a BBQ like me. What a great way to spend a beautiful day!
Recipes To Nourish's recipe
Here is a printable Melly's Bellies' version of Watermelon Lemonade recipe*