Friday 8 March 2013

It's not baby food - It's soup

Calling all vegetarians out there: This one's for you.

All packed up and ready to take for lunch tomorow
Not only vegetarians can enjoy this super healthy Cauliflower, Carrot and Ginger Soupeveryone can enjoy it.

I find this soup is fresh, filling and nutrient-packed. I really never thought about blending vegetables in a blender to eat as a puree until I found this great recipe that can be found on my Pinterest account.



The original recipe is by fellow blogger, Jaymee Sire's, "E is for Eat" recipes.

Throughout my life growing up, I would always see my grandparents blending all sorts of ingredients together thinking, "yuck."  After trying a few recently, while my taste buds have changed and I may have matured, I have really grown to love the idea.

The combination of the carrots,  cauliflower, onion, garlic and ginger create a taste that is worth the blend. 

This recipe has no dairy or gluten that will leave the rest of your day filled with discomfort and bloating. 


Melly's Bellies' Recommendations: 

1. Make sure you boil the carrots, cauliflower, onion, garlic and ginger before throwing in the blender. This will tenderize the ingredients.

2. Don't be afraid of the ginger. Some do not like the taste, but it really blends with the other flavours well. If you really don't like it, try adding a different ingredient such as pine nuts or curry. There are many different options out there.

3.  I like to make this the night before a busy day. It really prepares a quick and easy lunch or snack. This soup is a light, but surprisingly filling! Plus it adds another dose of nutrients into your day.

4. I took out the dairy products making it healthier and as per usual, made some alterations to suit my cupboard and taste buds. I have found while learning to make my own meals, that most recipes can be adjusted to suit your taste.

Here is the original recipe: Z is for: Zanahoria {Carrot Soup} that I found on E is for Eat's blogger page.


2. Steam
1. Gather 
3. Blend
For information about being a vegetarian, visit Vegetarian girl living in a meat-eater's world.

3 comments:

  1. Although the post has "It's not baby food" in the title, I'm sure that by incorporating the same idea as the recipes above, you could make your own fresh, easy and home-made baby food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup looks absolutely broth-taking Mel! I have a strong aversion to carrots, but somehow love them when in a carrot-ginger soup context. Might have to give this one a try... I hope my Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville blender still works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy this comment. I hope you have that blender too. We have it and it is just superrrb.

      Delete

Followers